University of Lagos is a federal government-owned research university in Lagos State, Nigeria which was founded in 1962. It has provided qualitative and research-oriented education to Nigerians and all those who have entered its domain in search of knowledge. The University of Lagos is among the first generation of universities in Nigeria and also one of the twenty-five federal universities which are overseen and accredited by the National Universities Commission. It is one of the most competitive in the country in terms of admissions and also has one of the largest student populations of any university in the country and this is because of the quality of education being given at the school and also the high standard of facilities at the university, Moreover the certificates are more recognized compared to those of similar schools and when it comes to securing employment, holders of its certificate are preferentially considered to its counterpart’s. The University has built a legacy of excellence and has been instrumental in the production of top range graduates and academia that have had tremendous impact, directly or indirectly, on growth and development in Nigeria. This university is located in the heart of Lagos state, the center of excellence, its untainted environment makes it fun for both learning, socializing and even keeping up with societal trends, a reason student’s clamour to be admitted into this university.
FOR ONE TO QUALIFY AND SECURE ADMISSION INTO THE UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
- You must be up to age 16 at the time of application anyone who applied before reaching age 16 by October 31st will have their submission declined automatically.
- Candidates must possess a WAEC result with at least 5 credits passes at one sitting in relevant O/Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics. Candidates awaiting result are also qualified to apply.
- You must have scored up to 200 in your JAMB exams at the time of application and be certain of your subject combinations which are in the JAMB brochure. The higher your score the better your chances since the school are known for its competitiveness.
- Unilag has to be chosen as first choice institution in your jamb form, making it your 2nd choice of university instantly means you have lost out in the admission process that is because UNILAG does not accept 2nd choice candidates.
- Candidates must participate in the Post-UTME Screening.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE: Eligible candidates should log on to University of Lagos website LEARN MORE then take the following steps:
- Click on Admissions
- Click on Post-UTME Application
- Login with UTME number as username and surname in lowercase as
- Generate and print payment advice
- Proceed to any commercial bank to make payment or pay online.
- Return to the University portal to complete the screening form.
- Print Post-UTME Examination Pass.
- Further clarification may be obtained via email: LEARN MORE
TIPS ON BETTER WAYS OF GAINING ADMISSION IN UNILAG
Candidates applying for admission into UNILAG should be aware that they have better chances of being admitted if they are from the following catchment areas;
- – Lagos state
- – Ekiti state
- – Ondo state
- – Osun state
- – Oyo state
- – Ogun state
- It is known that applicants who claim to originate from any of the above state’s are more favoured than applicant’s who are not from tese western state’s and so have more edge over other’s from other state’s in their course of choice.Candidtates who are not from the above listed state’s have to strive hard to attain very high score so as to be admitted into the institution on merit.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT UNILAG POST UTME
Unilag’s post UTME is a computer based standardized examination which comprises of three subjects;
- English Language
- General paper
Candidate’s should be aware that Unilag is in the habit of setting their questions from past questions therefore every student’s seeking admission into institution should try and acquire one, study rigorously before sitting for the examination. When sitting for Unilag’s post UTME,40 questions are presented to you which are broken down into;
- Mathematic – 15 questions
- English Language – 15 questions
- General Paper -10 questions
It is pertinent to note that the general paper comprises of questions from current affairs so while preparing for your core subjects, it will be proper to try to be knowledgeable about the happening’s in the society, even if it means purchasing a copy of current affair book so as to stay abreast of the happening’s in the society.
The three subject’s above will be attempted by the candidate irrespective of the course chosen and it is advised that when in the exam hall and about to write the papers, one should try to be well composed and more confident, fretting and fear will only make you lose composure, disorganizing you and making you doubt your ability to do well in the exam. One don’t have to be excellent in all subjects, first focus your attention on the subject you do better in, which is your strength, after you are done with that, you can then try your best in the remaining subjects, having in mind the time allocated for each subject which is mostly less than 1min per question. One shouldn’t dwell on a question for long, if unsure of the right answer to give, skip and attempt other questions, when done, come back to it after you must have given answers to all the questions u are sure of. With all this above tips surely admission is assured.