HOW TO GET ADMISSION INTO POSTGRADUATE STUDIES IN UNILAG
A postgraduate is a student that has successfully completed an undergraduate degree level course at a college or university and continues studies after graduation.
Admission Guide On How To Gain Admission Into into UNILAG Postgraduate Studies
For one to secure admission into UNILAG for Postgraduate studies, you must first purchase Unilag Postgraduate Application Form and sit for the Entrance examination
General Requirements for the UNILAG Postgraduate Programmes
- Candidates must be Bachelor’s degree HOLDERS which must have been obtained from reputable and recognized institutions by the NUC.
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- Candidates must have completed their National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) assignments.
- Candidates must provide all of their Academic Transcripts.
- Every M.Phil/Ph.D. candidate must contact the relevant Departments for the availability of Supervisors/vacancies before proceeding to the application.
Application Process on How to Gain Admission into UNILAG Postgraduate Studies
The secure application form that cost about N22,500, excluding bank charges, enter the needed information and submit online. The following steps below should be followed to complete the application process:
- Go to the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos portal – http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng/
- Click on the “Application” , this should be seen at the right side of the page.
- Requirements for the various courses and programs will be displayed, read them carefully, check and know if you are eligible.
- Click on the “Application Form (click here)” button.
Four links will be displayed, they are:
– Start a Fresh Application
– Continue Application
– Pay Application fee online
– Click to View Programmes “Entry Requirements“.
- Click on the first link to start a new application.
- Click on the Application type, input the needed information. Don’t forget to put a checkmark next to the “ I agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the form. After that, you will get the Payment Reference Number (you should then print the payment advice).
- Use Online Remita Payment to pay for Form and the SPGS Abridged Prospectus. The RRR number will be seen on the payment advice.
- After payment has been completed, you’ll have to go back to the main page – http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng/ , click on the “Application Form (click here)” button. Choose “Continue Application”.
- On the “Login” field, enter your Payment Reference Number and in the “Password” enter your surname in lowercase. This should be done carefully.
- Complete the Application form, enter all necessary information.
- Upload your digital passport photograph. It should be 35 times 40mm dimensions.
- Check form and ensure that every field and details have been filled correctly. Note that editing after submission will attract N1,000 charge. When you are certain that all details are correctly filled, click on the “submit form” button.
- After submission, print and laminate the “Examination Pass