SCHOLARSHIPS IN CANADA AVAILABLE TO UNDERGRADUATES IN NIGERIA
The educational system in Canada is renowned and comparable to countries such as the United Kingdom and the United States. Canada consistently ranks as one of the best countries in the world—and is currently the number one best country for quality of life. Whether for Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree, studying in Canada can be expensive. But with good academic grades and as little experience/exposure as possible, you might just qualify for one of the many educational scholarships online in Canada created.
ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS IN NIGERIA, 2019/2020
Below are list of Nigerian Scholarship opportunities for Undergraduates, Masters and Ph.D students. Scholarships helps bring financial burden to a moderation and helps students focus more on their studies. The available scholarships for Nigerians students are mostly fully funded Scholarships in Canada available to Undergraduates in Nigeria all students that it has been awarded to up until they graduate from their undergraduate programs. Most of the scholarship programs in Nigeria are awarded yearly, below are list of ongoing scholarships in Nigeria, 2019
Below are some of the available and on-going scholarships awards for different programs of study:
- University of Saskatchewan International Excellence Awards 2020/2021 for International Students – Canada.
The University is offering the one-time International Excellence Awards to International Students for undergraduate studies. The number of awards is 6 and this one-time scholarship award is valued at $100,000 CDN.
- International students (non-Canadian citizens paying differential tuition) entering any direct-entry college at the U of S will be considered for an International Student Scholarship.
- Recipients are eligible to receive the International Student Entrance Scholarship in addition to a Guaranteed Entrance Scholarship.
Selection Criteria: Academic achievement
By applying online for undergraduate admission, students will be eligible for consideration. The application deadline is February 15. Students must also submit the necessary supporting documents, pay the $90 CDN application fee and meet U of S admissions requirements (including English Language Proficiency) by March 1. The application form can be found online.
Application deadline: February 15th
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow (ILOT) Undergraduate Scholarships 2020/2021 at University of British Columbia.
The UBC- Canada is offering need-based International Leader of Tomorrow (ILOT) Scholarships Award for Undergraduate Students 2020/2021. This scholarship is offered annually and it’s to be taken in the University of British Columbia- UBC- Canada.
The University of British Columbia- UBC- Canada International Leader of Tomorrow (ILOT) Award recognizes international students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
The number of educational scholarships online is several and the value includes the cost of tuition, Scholarships in Canada available to Undergraduates in Nigeria fees and living cost is fully funded. This award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian study permit (visa).
Eligibility: Award candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from.
To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award: Scholarships in Canada available to Undergraduates in Nigeria
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or another university.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Deadline: Award nominations are open until December 1.
Candidates to UBC can specify two program choices in their application for admission, but only the nominee’s first choice program will be considered for the purposes of this award
The forms below have to be filled out for one to be considered for the award. The Okanagan campus and the Vancouver campus have separate forms.
1.1 MB PDF
Download and complete this form.
1.1 MB PDF
Download and complete this form. Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Although you can specify two-degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award
This need-and-merit-based award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
The value of your Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award is proportional to your demonstrated financial need and sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for your degree of study.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
Eligibility: To be considered for this award, you must:
- Be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Be graduating or have recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school.
- Be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- Demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard) and leadership potential.
- Come from a war-torn, politically unstable, or economically disadvantaged region of the world.
- Have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and have no financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary education in your own country (because it is unavailable or unattainable) or outside your country (because it’s not affordable).
Deadlines: December 1
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Although you can specify two-degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.
Meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard.
Please fill out the form below to be considered for the award :
1.1 MB PDF
Download and complete this form.
- University of Waterloo International Master’s Award of Excellence (IMAE) 2019/2020 – Canada
This award is for eligible international master’s students normally entering a research-based graduate program at the University of Waterloo. The university is now accepting applications and its new Award is valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of five terms within the allowable program time limits (6 terms).
- International students with a valid Canadian study permit who are registered full time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Normally given to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will normally only be given to students entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This award could be in addition to other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Note: scholarships are different than sponsorships – see next bullet.
- Normally, students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students grandparents under the existing IMSA program cannot be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
How to Apply: Please contact your department/program Graduate Co-ordinator for further information regarding this award.
Effective May 1, 2019
- University of British Columbia International Major Entrance Scholarship (IMES) 2020/2021 for International Students :
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
Eligibility: To be considered for the IMES, you must:
– Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
– Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
– Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
– Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
How to apply
If you apply to UBC by January 15, you will be automatically considered for the IMES.
You will be considered for this educational scholarships online shortly after you receive an offer of admission to UBC. Scholarship decisions are made between mid-March to the end of April each year.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships :
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) program helps Canadian institutions attract highly qualified doctoral students. This award is valued at $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies.
Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian institution with a quota (i.e., a predetermined number of applications that can be put forward to the national competition) to host Vanier scholars. Candidates should only seek a nomination from the institution at which they want to study.
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
Areas of research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering research
- Social sciences and humanities research
For Students: Consult nominating institution for submission deadline.
For nominating institutions: November 6, 2019 (20:00 EST)
For more info, visit http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html
- The Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Scholarship Program :
The Foundation is seeking candidates who are audacious, original, and forward-thinking. Each year, the Trudeau Foundation rewards up to 15 outstanding doctoral candidates who are enrolled or about to be enrolled in a social sciences and humanities program. The Scholarship Program will help shape researchers into engaged leaders who are conscious of the impact of their research, connected to the realities of the communities in which they work, and open to non-conventional forms of knowledge.
The program will last for three years and will also provide generous support for Scholars’ doctoral work in the form of a stipend and a research and travel allowance.
If you are chosen as a Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholar, you will receive:
- Membership in a community of other Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows, all of whom are leaders and change-makers in their respective disciplines and sectors;
- Leadership training from Mentors and Fellows;
- $40,000 per year for three years to cover tuition and reasonable living expenses; and
- Up to $20,000 per year for three years, as a research and travel allowance;
If you are chosen as a Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholar, you must:
- Attend a community retreat and two Institutes of Engaged Leadership during the first year of your term;
- Collaboratively plan and participate in a conference event during the second year of your term;
- Work with other Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows on a creative knowledge sharing and dissemination project during the third year of your term;
- Work towards fluency in English and French with support from the Foundation;
- Actively engage and collaborate with the Foundation’s community of Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows; and
- Submit one research progress report per year
The 2020 competition will launch November 15th, 2019 (the deadline for universities to nominate applicants will be January 22nd, 2020).
For more information, visit: http://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/en/programs/doctoral-scholarships
Canada International Scholarships Program :
This is a new scholarships program for Canadian post-secondary institutions to welcome international students from diverse regions worldwide to schools and programs across Canada. The program aims to diversify and enrich Canada’s education engagement with a broad range of partners, to support Canadian institutions’ internationalization objectives, strengthen bilateral ties, and complement Canada’s international trade diversification efforts.
Canadian post-secondary institutions will apply for scholarships on behalf of eligible students, who will need to meet the admissions criteria of their chosen institution.
- Program name: Study in Canada Scholarships
- Funding organization: Government of Canada
- Target audience: Students at the college and master’s level from the following countries/territories: Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Vanuatu, Palestinians from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem
- Value of the award: Up to CAD 60,000 per year
- Duration of the award:1 to 2 years
- Includes: Airfare, tuition, monthly living allowance, study permit, accommodation, medical insurance and more.
- Application period: January to March 2020
Visit Study in Canada Scholarships for more information on this program.
- Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders
The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders is awarded to international students entering any of the University’s divisions for the first time – Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, PACE or ELP.
Applicants must be involved in activities that demonstrate leadership and submit a completed award application by the deadline date. Applicants must also complete an application for admission into The University of Winnipeg by the scholarship deadline date.
Values and Deadlines:
The President’s Scholarship for World Leaders ranges from $3,500 – $5,000.
Information and deadlines for the 2020-21
3 June 2019: For fall 2019 term of ELP, PACE, Undergraduate, Collegiate Programs and Fall 2019/Winter 2020 of Graduate Programs
30 September 2019: For winter 2020 term of ELP, PACE, Undergraduate programs
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- University Of Toronto Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Canada
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Degree Level: The scholarship is open for bachelor’s degree.
Available Subjects: The Scholarship is open for any subject taught at Bachelors level at the University of Toronto.
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarship will provide:
- incidental fees
- full residence support for four years
Eligible Nationalities: International students from any country are eligible to apply.
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently, in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2019
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2020 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2020 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
To apply, you’ll need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application for nomination rights available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2020 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once the University received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
The school nomination deadline is 29 November 2019. The student admissions deadline is 13 December 2019 (you are recommended to apply before 7 November 2019). The scholarship application deadline is 15 January 2020.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: 13 December 2019
all the above scholarship are fully funded. also available to all undergraduates in of Nigeria. Scholarships in Canada available to Undergraduates in Nigeria